07 Sep Which is the best e-Commerce plugin for your business?
WordPress has become the most popular website creation tool. It started as a small blogging platform but has become a fully developed eCommerce website. If you want a website for your business, WordPress is the way to go! It has become so famous that now there are a variety of WordPress eCommerce plug-ins available that help you grow your website.
It’s extremely important to select the most appropriate and effective eCommerce plug-in for your business. A lot of online business owners lose a lot of money just because of a lack of research on eCommerce platforms. Since there are many eCommerce plug-ins available, you have to find one with features applicable to the nature of your business.
When choosing the best eCommerce plug-in for your business, keep the following features in mind:
1. Customization of Design – The first thing a visitor will notice is the design of your business’ website. The design of your website should, therefore, be customized according to the theme of your business. Make sure your plug-in has various template options available.
2. Payment Options – The eCommerce plug-in should provide payment support through default payment gateways or through extensions.
3. Integration of Applications – Your plug-in should provide support for the integration of third-party applications like CRM, Accounting software, etc. These tools are highly crucial for managing your business effectively.
4. Support Options – The website plug-in you opt for should have support options available. Effective support can save a lot of money for your business in the long-run.
WooCommerce is a free eCommerce plug-in for WordPress that powers more than 30% of online eCommerce stores. It is considered the best plug-in as not only is it flexible and customizable, but it also provides businesses complete control over their website. A few of the focal features of WooCommerce are listed below:
- Quick Inventory Update
- Affiliation of Sales
- Strong Payment Options
- Easy Shipping costs
- Inventory Tracking
- Mobile Access
- Easily Adaptable and flexible
- SEO friendly
Magento is currently recognized as the most flexible eCommerce plugin. It offers a variety of possibilities for tech-savvy store owners. It also offers a lot of functions and options to help build your ideal online store. Here are some pros and cons of Magento:
- Free for small to medium-sized businesses
- Supports multiple currencies
- Easy integration with various payment systems
- Range of templates
- Not user-friendly
- Have to pay for large businesses
- No open-source support platform or official technical support
OpenCart is an open-source platform that follows a core-extension model, which requires add-ons as you progress. It has basic user functions and very high site speed. Pros and cons of using OpenCart are listed below:
- Impressive site speed
- Multi-store function
- 14000 site extensions
- Offers multiple language and currencies
- Provides excellent customer support forums
- For Non-tech savvy users
- Only free for basic use
It is one of the leading shopping carts and is used by over 250,000 online stores across the globe. Without over 500 features already built-in, PrestaShop has all the basics required to start your online business. Here are some pros and cons of using PrestaShop:
- Unique features like Forecasting and Intelligent Merchant KPI
- EBAY integration
- Easy to handle and customize
- Great SEO options
- Over 1500 customizable templates
- Not as user-friendly as WooCommerce or Shopify
- Free to use initially only
- Paid open-source platform
5. Zen Cart
Like all other eCommerce plug-ins, Zen Cart offers a variety of services. The best part about Zen Cart is that it is free to download and use. The benefits and drawbacks of the services Zen Cart offers are listed below:
- User-friendly and easily comprehensible
- Doesn’t offer much customer support
- Lacks multi-vendor functionality
- Not optimized for mobile use
- Lack of appealing design templates
- Not SEO-optimized
All the eCommerce plug-ins mentioned above have a lot of similar features. Now that you know the pros and cons of each plug-in, we can work with you to ensure we choose the best plugin suitable for your business.
Developing your website in WordPress gives you full control of your products. With sophisticated eCommerce software, you will find everything that you need to run a successful online store.
Creative Clicks can build your eCommerce WordPress website, or add eCommerce to an existing one. We will prepare a soft-launch where you can see the eCommerce website in action before it goes live. Upon which we will then set up a training session giving you as much, or as little control of your website.
If you want to know more about an eCommerce website for your business contact us for a No Obligations Free Quote.