25 Jul GROWING YOUR BUSINESS ONLINE
We all know that creating a digital presence for your business can be stressful and frustrating. Sometimes, too often, you can waste precious time on tasks which can be counter-productive and leave you feeling underwhelmed. Its true of many small business owners that the budget means you have to often tackle these tasks yourself, with no real training.
Here are some simple tips to help your website work for you:
1. Do your research – It’s easy to get excited here and see a template that looks great, but it may not work for your business.
2. Know your customers and what they will be looking for when they are searching a business like yours.
3. Giving it some wow factor with great images always gets a punch, but keep these to a minimum, you only need a few, no-one is going to bother looking through slides of images – no matter how creative, remember, to keep the loading time as short as possible.
4. Set a Keyword for each page, more if you can afford premium SEO plugins. I recommend Yoast as the number 1 plugin.
5. Make sure the site is responsive.
6. Sharing buttons and writing good quality regular posts/blogs will keep you moving and happening, remember quality over quantity!
7. Create A strong (CTA).. Make your call to action strong and visible.
8. Make sure you have an SSL Certificate installed, you don’t want to lose customers when your site has the red ‘Not Secure’ banner showing Read more..
If you are drowning in a sea of digital mayhem and would like to look at refocusing on what you do best, look at out-sourcing areas that are using your energy – remember what can take you a whole day to achieve, may take a professional 1hr. It’s worth looking at time-managing this part of your business, and how much its really costing you in the long-term.